Lights, Camera (Logistics)… and Action!
It’s nearly time and we have awesome news on musicians confirmed for Night of 1000 Drawings. But first: Logistics.
Saturday, 30th March 2019. Gates open at 16h00.
Come earlier and explore the exciting Victoria Yards compound that houses artisan studios, art galleries and unique shops.
Victoria Yards, 16 Viljoen St, Lorentzville, Johannesburg, 2094.
- To raise money for these charities: DlalaNje, Everybody Love Everybody(ELE) and PaballoYa Batho.
- To find one of a kind, unique artwork for sale at R150 per piece.
- To have a have a right-royal-jol while supporting local food suppliers, musicians, artists, art and Jozi’s inner city.
- Tickets – Please help yourself by buying tickets online before the event and avoiding the dreaded queue situation. Purchase them at Webtickets for R100 per person.
- Parking – There is limited indoor parking available for R20 per car. We encourage you to take Uber or Taxify. Especially if you are drinking and driving. There is plenty of street parking available.
- Hashtag – Share the love on social media with #1000D2019 on all your posts.
We know you’re going to ask! The weatherman predicts a sunny day of 27°C with a balmy, clear evening – no rain expected.
Food Glorious Food
We’ve tried to arrange something for everyone with food stalls from Bespoke Food Matters (think beef shish or falafel kebab in pita), Butter Me Up Banting (bacon doughnut anyone?), The Good Food Truck (smoked feta, wild mushroom, mozzarella risotto), Sushi Bus (fresh sushi made on site), Hudson’s Burger Joint (the build a burger worx) Che Argentine Grill (Empanadas and meat rolls), Alibaba Shwarma (includes vegetarian spring rolls and samoosas) as well as the Beignet Brothers (famous for their Korean chicken and pork sticks).
For the sweet tooth: Paquito’s Treatery will be selling their Spanish Churros (dripping with chocolate sauce) alongside Paul’s Homemade Ice Cream.
For your coffee fix head for the Mobile Coffee Café (ask about their salted caramel hot chocolate). And if you still need a craft beer or a cocktail, a full bar service will be available from Molecular Bars.
Attendees of the event will know how important the MC is – we listen and obey – especially when reserving artworks! This year we’re thrilled to have the dazzling Mzansi actress and host, Candice Modiselle as the Master of Ceremonies.
Get Jiggy With Us
Come for the art and stay for the party. At this year’s event you’ll be able to dance the night away with some epic entertainment! Performances from Hannah Foster of Bad Wolf, Cito of Wonderboom, Mike Dawson from Go Barefoot, Tubatsi Mpho Moloi from Urban Village and spinning on the decks will be Khukhoz, and DJ Bza! See full bios of the artists on our website.
Roll of Honour
We’re very grateful to the many, many people who have contributed to 1000 Drawings this year. See the full list here. PLUS a special shout out to Suzie Bowling and the team at the Loeries who have sponsored the cool black and white #1000D2019 crew t-shirts this year.
See you there! 1000D