Inspire Your Heart with Art: January 2019
Happy New Year and may 2019 bring more crazy colour and fun into your life! Before we get to creative prompts to inspire your heart, some stats about why you should make art – even if you think you’re bad at it.
- Making art may reduce stress and anxiety.
- Creating visual art improves connections in the brain.
- Art-making can help you deal better with sadness.
- Mindless sketching can help focus.
- Turning problems into narratives can help you solve them. (With thanks to https://www.businessinsider.com/why-you-should-make-art-even-if-youre-bad)
With that in mind – and to keep you tapped into the creative holiday headspace – here are 19 prompts to encourage you to support 1000 Drawings with A5 art donations in January.
- 1 January: Hangover Day
- 3 January: Festival of Sleep Day
- 4 January: Spaghetti Day
- 5 January: Bird Day
- 6 January: Cuddle Up Day
- 8 January: Bubble Bath Day
- 10 January: Bittersweet Chocolate Day
- 12 January: Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day
- 13 January: Make Your Dream Come True Day
- 14 January: Dress Up Your Pet Day
- 15 January: National Hat Day
- 16 January: Appreciate a Dragon Day
- 18 January: Winnie the Pooh Day -The birthday of author A.A. Milne
- 20 January: Penguin Awareness Day
- 21 January: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 24 January: Compliment Day
- 27 January: Chocolate Cake Day,
- 29 January: National Puzzle Day, and our personal favourite
- 31 January: Inspire Your Heart with Art Day.
- Night of 1000 Drawings 2019 event will be held at Victoria Yards on Saturday, 30th March 2019. Gates open at 16h00.
- Tickets are available from: Webtickets.
- The closing date for artwork is the end of February 2019.
Pretoria peeps, we have your drop off! You can leave your creations at Jimnettes Arts & Crafts Superstore, Lynwood Road and Jacobson Drive, Lynwood Ridge, Pretoria. Thanks and love, 1000D